Did you know World Pasta Day is celebrated on 25 October every year? In conjunction with World Pasta Day, here is a Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine recipe by Jen Jen (@limjenjen on Instagram) for you!
This recipe serves 2:
- 200g fettuccine
- 200ml chicken broth/vegetable broth/water
- 200ml cooking cream
- 2 teaspoon plain flour
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 200g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful finely grated Parmesean cheese
- 1 bunch baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Add olive oil in Zenez cooking wok, sauté chopped onion until soften, then add minced garlic to combine. Add mushroom and Italian spice to combine. If mushroom turns too dry, add a little more olive oil.
2. When mushroom is softened, add plain flour, mix well to combine. Next, chicken broth (use vegetable broth or water for a meatless option) and cooking cream to combine and then simmer in low heat. You can add another teaspoon of plain flour if the sauce is too runny.
3. Add handful of finely grated Parmesean cheese to the sauce, stir to ensure the cheese is well blended in the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, add fettuccine to a pot of boiling water then cook according to package instructions. Remember to add a pinch of salt to the water. When fettuccine is al dente, drain and transfer to Zenez cooking wok to combine. Mix well to ensure fettuccine is well coated in the sauce.
5. Add baby spinach to combine, then remove from heat. Serve immediately with extra grated Parmesean cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
*Recipe and photos curtesy of Jen Jen (@limjenjen)