Are you tired of the food options around your workplace or school? How about bringing your own home-cooked food to make your colleagues and friends jealous? Here’s a simple Fried Brown Rice with Prawns & Garlic Scapes recipe by Jen Jen (@limjenjen on Instagram) for you! We promise this recipe will WOW you and kick-start your habit of preparing meals everyday!
This recipe serves 4:
- 2 cups of unpolished brown rice
- 400g prawns, shells and veins removed
- 400g garlic scapes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook 2 cups of brown rice according to instructions. When cooked, fluff up the rice with a fork or chopstick. Set aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil in Zenez cooking wok, add prawns to cook. When prawns turned red, remove from wok and set aside.
3. In the same wok with the remaining oil, add onions, garlic, red chilli, carrot, garlic scapes to stir fry until soften. Push all the ingredient to one side of the wok.
4. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil on the empty side of the wok, add egg to stir fry. When the egg is cook, add brown rice to combine.
5. Add light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste, continue to stir fry and mix well.
6. Return prawns to combine with rice, stir fry to mix well.
7. Add green onions, mix well and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
*Recipe and photos curtesy of Jen Jen (@limjenjen)