Can you believe that Chinese New Year is less than 2 weeks away? If you are still racking your brains on what to cook for your Chinese New Year gathering, give this Hokkien Mee recipe by Jen Jen (@limjenjen) a try! We are confident your guests will ask for more than 2 servings of it!
This recipe serves 4 to 5:
- 500g Hokkien noodle (flat yellow noodle)
- 200g pork loin or chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 200g prawn, shell and vein removed
- 200g fish cake, sliced
- 300g choy sum, cut into inch long
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 750ml pork broth or chicken broth
- light soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- sesame oil
- corn flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable cooking oil
1. Marinate pork/chicken in 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp corn flour, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil in Zenez 32cm cooking wok, add 1 tbsp of garlic to saute. Add pork or chicken to stir fry. Then add prawn to combine. Continue to stir fry until cooked, remove from wok and set aside.
3. Add another 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the same wok, then add fish cake to stir fry. Next, loosen up the noodle before adding to wok to combine.
4. Add broth at this stage. Continue to loosen up the noodle gently with a pair of chopsticks. Bring to boil, then place the lid on to simmer for 2 mins. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp of dark sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add choy sum to cook. Last, return pork/chicken to combine, mix well. You may need to add more broth or water during the process of cooking. Allow to simmer for another 1 to 2 mins or until the broth is reduced to gravy. Serve immediately.
*Recipe and photos curtesy of Jen Jen (@limjenjen)
Awesome n nice to used n cooked.?
Thank you Jean! We’re so glad you loved it!