Merry December! Can you believe that Christmas is just weeks away? We know that 2020 hasn’t been that great of a year but we want the last month to end with a BANG! If you’re working on a menu for Christmas lunch or dinner, here’s Jen Jen’s Stuffed Chicken Pocket with Cheesy Veggie – a recipe that will blow of the minds of your family and friends!
If you want to be remembered as the person who hosted the best Christmas lunch or dinner, this recipe is your go-to.
- Cut chicken breast in 2 equal halves. Mix the following in a bowl and marinate the chicken breasts for an hour:
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs oil olive
1. Take 3/4 cup of mix vegetables (carrots, french beans and corn etc), 1/2 tsp salt and place in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbs of chicken stock. Cover with shrink wrap and cook in microwave for 2 minutes under high heat. Remove and let it cool. Pour 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese into the bowl and mix evenly.
2. Place a chicken breast flat on a chopping board, and with a small sharp knife, make a lengthwise incision from the thicker side of the chicken breast and carefully sliding the knife downwards to form a opening large enough to stuff the cheesy veggies. The chicken breast should have a slit that resembles a pita bread.
3. Stuff each chicken bread with the cheesy veggies above, careful not to break the edges of the chicken breast. You may use toothpicks to secure the opening.
4. Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a oven-safe frying pan, and when the oil becomes hot, place each of the breast and fry each side for about 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and transfer the frying pan to a pre-heated 200C oven. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let it rest for a minute or two before serving.
Optional: Mushroom gravy, which can be oven baked with the chicken breasts in the same frying pan, or served with the cooked chicken breasts. Sautéed chopped onions and sliced button mushrooms in olive oil. When the onions and mushrooms turned soft, add 1 cup of chicken stock with 1 tbs of plain flour. Cook till the gravy has a slightly thick consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Jen Jen’s stuffed chicken pocket with cheesy veggie is served on Sage Carving Board Petite, 3/8 x 11 x 15 inch. From now till 25 December, enjoy free delivery and 50% OFF when you purchase a Sage Carving Board Petite, 3/8 x 11 x 15 inch!
*Recipe and photos curtesy of Jen Jen (@limjenjen)