How is everybody feeling about the chilly weather lately? Well, we love it but we also want something to warm up our bodies. This is our favourite go-to Thai Green Curry recipe by Jen Jen (@limjenjen on Instagram) whenever we crave for something soupy and hot!
This recipe serves 4:
Ingredients to make green curry paste:
- 150g green bird’s eye chili, remove seeds if prefer less spicy
- 5 shallots, peeled
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 1 thumb sized galangal, peeled
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander with roots, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients to cook curry:
- 1 chicken whole breast or 3 chicken thighs, bones removed then cut into bite size
- 3 red bird’s eye chilli, seeds removed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of baby corn, halved
- 200g oyster mushroom
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, roundly torn into pieces
- 2 cups of Thai basil leaves
- 200ml coconut cream
- vegetable cooking oil
- fish sauce
1. Blend all the ingredients to make green curry paste in a food processor.
2. Heat up 3 tbsp vegetable cooking oil in ZENEZ 4L cooking pot. Add green curry paste to stir fry until aromatic.
3. Add chicken and the rest of the ingredients to combine. Add water sufficiently to cover all ingredients in the pot. Bring to boil then turn to low heat. Add coconut cream and continue to simmer for 10 mins or until the curry is thicken.
4. Season with fish sauce, salt, and sugar to taste. Add basil leaves, stir to mix well. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
*Recipe and photos curtesy of Jen Jen (@limjenjen)